Making a cocktail is of course a creation in itself, drinking a cocktail is a real experience. Make this experience complete by choosing the best cocktail glasses. We offer the widest range of original cocktail glasses. From martini, hurricane, margarita, long drink and old fashioned glasses to tiki mugs and cups. Our range is suitable for the largest cocktail bars in the Netherlands, but also for a small café with a few cocktails on the menu.
Nowadays, cocktails are not only consumed during a dinner, but also during an evening out, in between meals or during lunch. And the finishing touch to a cocktail is the cocktail glasses. Not only does it look chic, but each cocktail glass also has its own function. Cocktail glasses almost always have a stem with a flared, pointed calyx. The stem is wider and therefore provides balance. The stem serves the purpose of preventing the cocktail from being warmed by body heat when you are holding the glass.
Buying cocktail glasses; what should you look for?
Before buying a cocktail glass you should consider what kind of cocktails you intend to serve. The wide range of different cocktail glasses is not without reason. Are you serving a fizzy cocktail or does the cocktail contain a lot of ice? Then you need a larger cocktail glass. You also need to pay attention to the amount of alcohol, the composition of the drink and the amount of syrup.
Different types of cocktail glasses
Every famous cocktail has its own glass. For lesser known cocktails, you can be creative with your choice of glass. There are therefore many different glasses used for cocktails. When drinking a cocktail, it is not only about the taste. The whole experience is at least as important. The type of glass is an important part of this. The different types of glasses that are often used for cocktails are the following:
- Gin-tonic glasses - The Gin-tonic glass also called: balloon glass is used for Gin-tonics. The glass brings out the best of the flavours and keeps the fizz of the Tonic longer in the glass.
- Large cocktail glasses - These are used for cocktails with a lot of contents or lots of ice.
- Long drink glasses - Long drink glasses are long and thinner in shape. The glasses are used for mixed drinks.
- Margarita glasses - Margatita glasses are shaped like a sombrero. This glass is used for cocktails that have a lot of ice in them.
- Martini glasses - Martini glasses have a wide, flared V-shape. These cocktail glasses are used for a variety of cocktails.
- Tiki glasses - Tiki glasses are made of ceramic. Tiki glasses have a large capacity and can therefore be used for several cocktails. A tiki glass is so special because the Tiki heads are incorporated into the glass. Tiki glasses have a real Hawaiian style, nice for a tropical cocktail.
Cocktail glasses with logo
At APS Glass & Bar Supply we can also print your logo on the cocktail glasses. This makes the experience of drinking a cocktail in your restaurant even more fun. Call or email us and let us know how you prefer to see the print or ask us for advice. You decide the size and colour of the logo. To make sure that you are satisfied and that the printing is successful, we will make a digital proof in advance. Read more about our cocktail glasses with logo here.
Not sure which glass is best for your cocktail? Then we'll be happy to help you out. Please contact one of our specialists.